Immanuel Lutheran Church was founded in 1905 by Pastor Frisk. They shared pastors with Bethel after Bethel was established, and voted to dissolve in 1942 after talking about a merger with Bethel. This makes many of their records overlap.
On March 11, 1914 a meeting was held to consider the formation of a new congregation. The chosen name was “Svenska Lutherska Bethel Forsamlingen”. A lot was purchased in April, and at a June 1st meeting it was proposed to build a church at the total cost of $2,809.14. The congregation formally organized on July 13, 1914 with eight couples signing the charter.
From 1924-1942, Bethel of Tacoma and Messiah of Auburn joined as one parish. In 1939, in preparation for the 25th Anniversary, the sanctuary was renovated. All labor and materials were donated. In 1947 Bethel became self-supporting and began to plan for building. Service was held in the basement until the dedication in September of 1948. An educational unit was added in 1959. The sanctuary was renovated and remodeled for the golden anniversary, a new organ was installed in 1981, and new pews in 1982. In 1998 they merged with Mt Zion & Gethsemane of Tacoma, Washington, becoming United Lutheran Church.