- ELCA 7.2.19
- Corporate body
This congregation was started by the Board of Hope Missions of the ELC, who called Milton W. Nesse as the organizing pastor. In 1940 Reverend Ofstedal of Phinney Ridge and Shirley Christiansen conducted a survey of the area and a Sunday School was organized in January of 1942. Known as Trinity Sunday School, it met in a store at NE 148th and 15th Avenue NE and later moved to a community clubhouse.
There were 55 charter members on hand when the congregation was organized on Pentecost Sunday, May 20, 1945, and a parsonage was purchased the following June. In 1948 a new site was purchased and construction began on the present church plant. The new church was dedicated on May 28, 1950, and an education unit was completed December 13, 1959. The congregation had their last service November 23, 2003.