"We walk along the west side of Park Avenue, along the front of the campus. This sign is at the main entrance and the bldg. is the Main Bldg., a 6-story bldg. erected in 1894, by sturdy Norwegian Pioneers with vision. In the earlier days students + faculty lived, ate, attended classes + all, in this bldg. Now it is classrooms, offices, and girls' dormitory."
"We turn to look along Garfield Street, Parkland's 2-blk.-long business section. Just since Sept. it has been paved, acquired sidewalks, + had several additions to its business places. But it's still a nice small town. Everyone walks to the P.O., which is 1 blk. straight ahead on the right as we stand here."