The Challenger 1956

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



The Challenger 1956



Name of creator

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Central Lutheran was organized in the ELC on July 9, 1944 with fifty charter members. The first church was located at 6th Avenue and F Street. The present site was purchased in July of 1961, and the congregation began meeting in the unfinished church in April of 1965. May 18, 1969 marked the celebration of the congregation’s 25th anniversary. On June 19, 1977, groundbreaking occurred for the new education wing, and dedication followed on may 14, 1978.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places