The Challenger 1958

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



The Challenger 1958



Name of creator

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Future members of Saint Mark gathered for their first service on November 15, 1959. The congregation was organized on Palm Sunday, April 10, 1960 with 61 adults and 65 children. Floyd Brause was called as the first pastor. In the early months, the new congregation organized a Luther League, women’s organization and a couples club. Ground was broken for a first unit on August 6, 1961, and the first service was conducted there on November 26. The building was dedicated on March 11, 1962. A classroom addition was constructed in September of 1965 and a new church in 1969. Dedication of the new church was held on January 18, 1970.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places