The Challenger 1960

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

Item

Title

The Challenger 1960

Date(s)

Extent

Name of creator

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

On June 7, 1944, Rev. James O. Pederson and Rev. Selmer T. Nelson arrived in Fairbanks to establish a congregation for the Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Fairbanks Lutheran Church congregation was organized August 18, 1944. Services were started, Sunday School was held, the Ladies’ Aid was organized, property was purchased (at 521 4th Ave.), a churchwas erected, and a pastor was called. The decision to relocate was made in the fall of 1957. In 1959, a parsonage on the new property was constructed, and the church was erected in 1960 and 1961. The office wing was built in 1971.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places