Bethesda Lutheran Church


Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Bethesda Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a congregational statistical record, letters of call, a counselor’s program report, an agreement between the church and ALC, a copy of a newspaper article about the church, and a congregational self-study document.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

A new community was forming in 1951. Meetings of prayer and Bible Study were being held in people’s homes. The Lutheran Free Church, seeing an immediate need, sent a mission worker, Ernest Langness, to meet with the people wanting to form a church. Sunday School began that fall, and the first Christmas program was held in the Forest Crest Community Clubhouse. Two lots on 56th Avenue West were donated by a local developer, and financing was offered by the parent synod. On Christmas Day, 1952, thirty-seven worshippers gathered for the first morning worship in the unfinished sanctuary. Formal organization occurred March 1, 1953.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places