Welcome to the Pacific Lutheran University Archives & Special Collections Discovery Database. This database includes descriptions of the Archives & Special Collections' holdings and provides access to digitized and born digital content. These holdings are divided into four main collection areas:
- PLU University Archives - Records relating to the activities and operations of Pacific Lutheran University.
- ELCA Region I Archives - Records of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, Region I, which includes Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
- Scandinavian Immigrant Experience Collection - Records relating to the experience of Scandinavian immigrants in the Pacific Northwest, including the New Land, New Lives Oral History Collection.
- Special Collections - Unique materials collected by or donated to the department of Archives & Special Collections.
For questions or to schedule a research appointment contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To limit your search to a specific collection area (University Archives, ELCA Region 1 Archives, the Scandinavian Immigrant Experience Collection, or Special collections), select the appropriate archival institution.
- Use advanced search to limit results by date range and digital object availability.
- Publications and documents (such as Scene or Tacoma Tidende) can be read by clicking on the preview image.
- Browse by subject, place, or digital objects.