Big Timber Lutheran Church

0271E 0272E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Big Timber Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder includes a booklet from the 50th anniversary, a booklet from the 65th anniversary, and a letter from the church pastor to Milton Nesvig.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

This congregation was organized February 16, 1907 under the leadership of Rev. E. A. Erickson who was pastor of the nearby Melville Lutheran Church. The meeting was held in the Congregational Church and the official name, “The Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation In and Around Big Timber, Montana," was chosen. Five lots were purchased and work began in 1908 on a church built of native stone. It was dedicated on October 6, 1913 when all indebtedness had been paid off. A parsonage was added in 1916-1917. The parish hall was added to the church in the 1920s. A Sunday School was organized in 1907 with 26 pupils, and classes were held in the Episcopal Church.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places