Christ Lutheran Church

0012E 0013E 0014E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Christ Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a bulletin from 1956, a booklet from the 50th anniversary, a written history of the church, a letter from Milton Nesvig, a letter from the church, a church statistical profile, a letter from the Office of the Collegium and Church Relations at Pacific Lutheran University, and a program for the 100th anniversary.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Christ Lutheran Church was organized on June 4, 1889 with ten voting members, and became a member of the Joint Synod of Ohio on July 1, 1908. Dedication of the first church occurred on November 18, 1889. In 1923 a basement was built under the church and rededication services were held. The first parsonage was built and consecrated in 1903. April 22, 1956 marked the dedication of the new church, and a new parsonage was built and dedicated in 1960. In 1984 the congregation celebrated its 85th anniversary.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places