Christ the King Lutheran Church

1006E 1007E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Christ the King Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a brief history of the church, an invitation to the church, a bulletin from 1964, various letters, a congregational statistical record, two applications for membership in the ELC, a home missions agreement, a copy of the church constitution, an earnest money receipt and agreement, survey report blank for individuals, and a brief history of Snohomish.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

In 1955 the Evangelical Lutheran Church purchased a 5-acre site in Snohomish with the guidance of persons requesting a Lutheran church in the community. The congregation was organized in 1956 and the Rev. O. R. Kleppe was called. A church was erected at the total cost of $40,000. Before their own facilities were available, the congregation used St. Michael’s Hall for Sunday worship. The parsonage was constructed in 1964.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places