Devon Lutheran Church


Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Devon Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder includes a congregational historical record.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

This congregation was organized under the leadership of Rev. J. O. Ronsberg, who had come to the area in 1913. He was a homesteader who had filed on land south of the Marias River. In October, 1929, the call was divided and the Devon congregation was included in the Shelby call. Up until 1934 services were held in a schoolhouse. A new church was built and the first service was held February 4, 1934. In January of 1941, Devon was combined into one parish with Galata, Trinity, and St.Olaf. A new church was completed on November 28, 1957.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places