Showing 1920 results

Archival description
Student Life Division
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

1915 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Mooring Mast

  • UA 9.10.2
  • Record group
  • 1924 - 2016

The Mooring Mast is PLU’s student-run newspaper, first printed in 1924. The unusual name of the newspaper came from the USS Shenandoah, a U.S. Navy airship. In nearby Fort Lewis there was a large mooring structure for the airship and the students derived the name from this in honor of the famed ship. Throughout its existence the newspaper was published as either 'The Mooring Mast' or 'The Mast.' The series in this collection show the different titles of the publication and years during which it was published as such. The newspaper includes coverage of campus events and activities, local and national news, athletics, editorials, and other information on student life and activities.

UA00063

An aerial view of Pflueger Hall, Foss Hall and part of Memorial Gymnasium, taken from Tingelstad Hall. Foss Hall .

UA00072

Sketch for future Olson Auditorium, built in 1969 and named for Clifford O. Olson, coach and athletic director from 1929 to 1948.


Back of photo: Olson Auditorium Architect Sketch

UA00080

Ordal Hall is a dormitory built in 1967. It is named for O.J. Ordal, college president from 1921 to 1928.


Back of photo: Ordal Hall

Results 1 to 10 of 1920