Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church

0280E 0279E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder includes a program from the installation service of Thomas L. Blevins, a newspaper clipping about the church, a booklet from the dedication in 1974, and a bulletin from 1976.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

It was in April of 1956 that Pastor Ralph Sandgren began survey work in the area and after many months of contacting people the decision to organize was made with 46 charger members committing themselves to Messiah Lutheran on May 5, 1957. The first meeting place was Rocky Mountain College.The first church was erected in 1957 and served until the present church was built in 1974. The first building was sold to St. Elijah Orthodox Church in 1973.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places