Milwaukie Lutheran Church

0085E 0084E 0086E 0083E 0087E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Milwaukie Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a pamphlet announcing the 25th anniversary, three booklets from the dedication service, a congregational statistical record, various letters, a letter of call, a memorandum regarding the resignation of Rev. Frithjof W. Eide, a brief history of the church, installation service program for Don M. Haven 1991, and installation service program for Charles E. Mantey 1993.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Rev. Waldo Ellickson arrived in Milwaukie in January of 1946 to begin services in the area. The first service was held February 3 with fifty people present. Organization took place February 10. Two days later a parsonage was purchased. Groundbreaking for the first church was held July 20, 1947, with dedication following on October 17, 1948. Dedication of a new church building was held in June of 1966.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places