Naselle Lutheran Church

Records Correspondence

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Naselle Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, an approved constitution of the LCA, various letters, and a brief historical sketch of the church’s history.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

In the 1890s, a number of Finnish families settled in the area around Deep River, Washington. About fifteen families got together and formed the Finnish Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Deep River on January 8, 1894. As services were held in the Deep River area, people in the Naselle and Salmon Creek area went there to worship. The Suomi Synod joined this group on March 19, 1900.This site worked out until on February 23, 1908, when it was decided that the worship service would be split, with services being held from then on in both Deep River and Naselle. The Naselle Lutheran Church was built and dedicated on October 19, 1930. From 1972-1978 this congregation and the Lutheran church in Chinook existed as a two-point parish.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places