Name and location of repository
Level of description
Peace Lutheran Church (Rainier, Oregon) Records
- 1954 - 1969 (Creation)
.3 cubic feet (1 box)
Name of creator
Peace Lutheran Church was assembled first as a Lutheran Mission in Rainier, Oregon in 1954. The mission was initially named Rainier First Lutheran and was led first by Pastor Leroy E. Pillman and, beginning in 1957, Pastor James H. Goss. The congregation officially organized in 1958 under the name Peace Lutheran. Peace Lutheran had several visiting pastors until 1962 when they called Pastor Wilton H. Anderson, who they shared with Brownsmead congregation. In 1969, the church was disbanded due to low membership.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Contains records of Peace Lutheran Church in Rainier, Oregon including meeting minutes, worship bulletins, and correspondence.