Saint Luke's Lutheran Church

0677E 0675E 0676E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Saint Luke's Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains correspondence, a status sheet (1959), a statistical report (1959), a brief history of the church, a staff parish worker’s survey report (1956), real estate money receipt and agreements, tax lot calculations, the constitution of the church, a congregational historical record, a bulletin from the church’s 25th anniversary, a news bulletin, a booklet about the church, building budget and proposal, home mission agreement, an application for membership, and a statistical record.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

The Bellevue-Kirkland area was long considered a potential mission field by the ELC, with evidence of real interest from within the region. Dr. H. L. Foss, President of the Pacific District, Dr. Philip Dybvig and Rev. Clarence Solberg of the Home Mission Board received permission in 1965 from the National Lutheran Council to enter the field. A seven acre church site was purchased in Northup Way in Bellevue. Chaplain John Larsgaard, U. S. Army, was extended a letter of call in the summer of 1956. Upon acceptance of the call, Chaplain Larsgaard moved his family to the newly purchased parsonage at 10240 NE 30th Pl. in Bellevue. Rev. Larsgaard began his new duties of visitation and organization on September 1, 1956. First services were conducted in the Seventh Day Adventist Church in Houghton with 83 people in attendance. Sunday School and Adult classes began the next Sunday, and confirmation began the following week. The choir met for the first time on December 5 of that year and sang for the first time at the Christmas Eve service. On February 10, 1957, the congregation was organized with 103 members under the name of St. Luke's Lutheran Church. A building committee was formed. A new site was purchased and construction began on September 15, 1957. First services were held in the building on Christmas Eve of that year. Regular services and Sunday School were transferred there on January 12, 1958.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places