Name and location of repository
Level of description
Suomi Synod Records
- 1924-1962 (Creation)
Name of creator
The Suomi Synod was formed by Finnish Lutherans in Calumet, Michigan in March of 1890. In 1896, the Synod founded the Suomi College in Theological Seminary in Hancock, Michigan. The Synod closely aligned with the doctrine of the State Church of Finland. Beginning in 1920, the Suomi Synod began a partnership with the ULCA to form an Immigrant Mission Board which helped support the work of the Finnish Missionary Society. The Suomi Synod was part of the 1963 merger to form the LCA.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Administration and Congregational Records of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, 1924-1962. Includes 1 Hollinger Box.