Tree of Life Lutheran Church

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Tree of Life Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains congregational historical records, bulletins including one from the 25th anniversary celebration, statistical records, letters of call, correspondence, status sheets, a welcome pamphlet, Home Mission Agreement, Counselors program Report (1966), and fundraising documents.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Tree of Life Lutheran Church in Terrace Heights Lutheran Church began as a Sunday School in the fall of 1946 under the leadership of a Missouri Synod layman. Organization occurred on July 26, 1949 with eight families as charter members. A Missouri Synod pastor served until 1953, when the congregation joined the ELC. The parsonage was built in the spring of 1953, and in April the congregation organized as an ELC congregation. Ground was broken for the church on June 12, 1955 and the cornerstone was laid August 28. The 25th Anniversary was cebrated September 13-14, 1980.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places