Zion Lutheran Church


Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Zion Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder includes a congregational historical record, a 50th anniversary booklet, and a letter from Milton Nesvig.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Rev. Olaf Carlson was installed on July 14, 1918 as the first full-time pastor of this newly formed Norwegian Lutheran Church. Until 1954, the parish consisted of four congregations with one pastor. These were Fairview, Bethel at Cartwright, North Dakota, Four Mile, and St. Peter’s at Sioux Pass. In 1953 Fairview and Bethel decided to go alone and Four Mile voted to dissolve and join in with Fairview. St. Peter’s of Sioux Pass became a part of the Culbertson parish and in 1965 was dissolved. Bethel of Cartwright held its last service in 1970, transferring to the Fairview parish. Due to deterioration of the church building, the congregation built a new structure in 1971.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places