Zion Lutheran Church


Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Zion Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record and a letter from Milton Nesvig.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

This congregation was organized as the English Evangelical Lutheran Church in the home of Nels Dahl with 24 charter members. The first pastor was Rev. Forness who served until 1914. The first church was dedicated in 1912, and on January 26, 1915 the name of the church was changed to First English Evangelical Lutheran. The name Zion was adopted in 1963. In 1949 the congregation became self-supporting, and in 1953 a basement was added to the church plant.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places