Zion Lutheran Church

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Zion Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a brief history of the church, a booklet from their 25th anniversary, a bulletin from 1962, a letter of call, a congregational statistical record, a copy of the constitution, and the by-laws of the church.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Zion Lutheran Church was begun as a mission of the ALC in 1948 with the Rev. Milton Linhart as the first pastor. The first services were held on July 25, 1948 in the Orchard Avenue Community Hall. The congregation was officially organized on November 28, 1948 with 31 charter members. Construction of the first unit of the church started on August 14, 1949 on the site of Vista and Buckeye. Due to the growth in membership and the need for additional facilities, an expanded church project was completed on December 21, 1958.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places