Central Lutheran Church

0101E 0050E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Central Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a bulletin from the installation of pastor Trost in 1980, a bulletin from the installation of pastor Lembke, various letters, a letter of call, a congregational statistical record, a memo from the district president, a booklet from the 75th anniversary, a proposed budget from 1988, a bulletin from 1984, a list of current students and alumni at Pacific Lutheran University, an annual report from 1982, documentation pertaining to a campus visit at PLU, a letter to youth of Central, Centennial banquet bulletin, a “Centralite” newsletter from 1982, 1980 and 1979, 100th anniversary bulletin, 90th anniversary bulletin, church by-laws, invitation to a potluck, and a program from the installation service for Ronald D. Barth in1988.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

September 26, 1904 was the founding date of Trinity Scandinavian Evangelical Lutheran Church, with nine charter members. In 1906 the congregation obtained use of Cumberland Presbyterian Church for $1/Sunday. In 1907 this church was purchased and dedicated in October of that year. In 1923 a new parsonage was built at 242 East 6th. On January 10, 1944 the congregation voted to purchase one-third block at 18th and Potter for a new church and parish house. On April 1, 1948 groundbreaking ceremonies were held for the new parsonage, and in August ground was broken for the parish hall and educational unit. On September 12 of that year the parsonage was dedicated. Ground was broken for the new sanctuary on May 16, 1954. Dedication of a new John Brombaugh and Associates pipe organ was held in November of 1976. The formation of Central Lutheran Foundation was established in January of 1979. In September of that year the 75th anniversary was celebrated.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places