Faith Lutheran Church

0002E 0001E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Faith Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical records, bulletins from the installations of Pastor Robert Oestreich and Pastor Nicholas C. Doversberger, an annual report from 1963, a church statistical record, a letter of call, a bulletin from 1981, various letters, and a 50th anniversary program.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in the early part of 1950 was given approval in a cooperative effort to organize another Lutheran church in Albany. This endeavor was strengthened by the ELC Home Mission Board, who made money available for the acquisition of land and the construction of a church and parsonage. Rev. Waldo Ellickson of Milwaukie, Oregon accepted the call, and was installed on August 22, 1950. When a preliminary organizational meeting was held with 33 attending, the name Faith Lutheran Church was adopted. The first regular church services were held by Rev. Ellickson on October 1, 1950, in the Adventist church with 40 people in attendance. The group selected a parsonage and church site. The parsonage was dedicated on Palm Sunday, March 18, 1951, at which time RevEllickson was formally installed as pastor by Dr. H. L. Foss, President of the Pacific District of the ELC. To begin with, services were held in the Seventh Day Adventist Church and the Bureau of Mines Building. The church was ready for services on November 18, 1951, when the cornerstone ceremonies were conducted, and the church was formally dedicated on October 12, 1952.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places