Immanuel Lutheran Church

0414E 0415E 0416E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Immanuel Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a parochial report for 1962-65, a letter from the District Statistician, a congregational historical record, an invitation to the church, a booklets from the 75th anniversary, seven newsletters from 1990, two newsletters from 1988, a letter from Milton Nesvig, letters of call, a letter from the church to the ALC, congregational directories from 1962-1964, a congregational statistical record, a newspaper from 1975 about the church fire, constitution and by-laws, dedication service program for the new building 1998, newspaper clippings, ordination service for Polo Garcia 1995, constitution and by-laws, church letter, installation service for Charles David Slocum, constitution and by-laws, invitation to centennial celebration 1992, holy communion year of jubilee 1991, installation of Franklin A. Wilson 1989, and a bulletin for the Trinity Ensemble 1992.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Ten families gathered together on November 10, 1892 in Silverton to establish Immanuel Lutheran Church. Rev. O. R. Sletten was called to be the first pastor. Services were held in temporary quarters for the first six years. The church was constructed in 1898 and dismantled in 1915. A new pipe organ was supplied through a grant from the Carnegie Foundation. The lot adjacent to the church was purchased in 1928 and a parsonage was constructed. A parish house was added in 1947. Nationally known architect Pietro Belluschi was engaged for the project. On May 30, 1975 a fire completely destroyed the church. Again with the help of Pietro Bellucshi, a new facility was designed with 30,000 square feet of floor space and a sanctuary seating 500 persons.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places