Immanuel Lutheran Church

0446E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Immanuel Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a booklet from the 50th anniversary, letters of call, an obituary, a congregational statistical record, various letters, two bulletins from 1960, order of worship program 1997, newspaper clippings, church constitution, installation service program for William Moos and Hebert Meyer, and celebration of formation of ELCA bulletin 1988.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

Immanuel Lutheran Church was organized on May 4, 1910. Worship services were held in a rented building on East Lincoln until the congregation built its church on Oswald and Doud Streets. A parish hall was built in 1922 and the first parsonage was purchased in 1948. In 1950 growth dictated the purchase of additional property. Groundbreaking ceremonies for a new church were held in 1954 and construction began the following year. In 1957 the church was dedicated, having been built with much volunteer labor from the congregation. In the summer of 1964 further construction took place when the parish education unit was built. A new parsonage was built in 1967. For many years, Immanuel was a part of a multiple parish, which included congregations in Canby, Needy, Monitor, and Mckee. Nidaros at Monitor worked with Immanuel for many years, but in 1957 Monitor was discontinued as a congregation and most of its members joined Immanuel.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places