Name and location of repository
Level of description
Our Savior's Lutheran Church
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
This folder contains a congregational historical record, a booklet from the 25th anniversary, a congregational statistical record, a pastoral transfer form, two letters, installation service program for Gene Bradbury 1997, a program for church service 1991, a 50th anniversary booklets, and newspaper clippings.
Also includes one unscanned photograph of the church building.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use elements
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Languages of the material
Scripts of the material
Language and script notes
Acquisition and appraisal elements
Immediate source of acquisition
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information
Related materials elements
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related archival materials
In the spring of 1940, Mrs. Wilma Glover hosted a group of ladies who were interested in starting a local Lutheran congregation. This group of ladies contacted Dr. H. L. Foss with a request that a mission be started. On September 15, 1930, Rev. Morris Thompson, who was full-time pastor in nearby Bend, Oregon, was installed to hold services in the Odd Fellows Hall. The congregation was officially organized on December 1, 1945 and adopted the name of Our Savior’s. The Rev. Burnis Rogness, an ex-Army Chaplain, came in 1946 and was the first full-time pastor. Later that year the congregation borrowed $15,000 and the Mission Board purchased an Army chapel at Camp Abbott, Oregon.