Name and location of repository
Level of description
Renton Lutheran Church (Renton, Washington) Records
- 1940-2006 (Creation)
Name of creator
This congregation was founded by the Reverend S.J. Ristesund in 1939 as an independent congregation. Services were held in the Eagles Hall and six people were present for the first service. A bus was purchased to transport children to Sunday school. The group held groundbreaking for the church on June of 1941, and the first service there was held December 25, 1942. The first unit, a fellowship hall, was followed by the erection of the building, where the first service was held on October 26, 1944. The congregation voted to disband on April 30, 2006, and had their last service on June 25, 2006.
Content and structure elements
Scope and content
Contains the records of Renton Lutheran Church in Renton, Washington, including a congregational historical record, a congregational statistical record, two booklets from their 25th anniversary, a program from the dedication service, a program from their 25th anniversary banquet, a bulletin from 1966, a bulletin from 1963, maps of the area, a history of Renton, a layout of the church building, a building report, a counselor’s program report, various letters.