Trinity Lutheran Church

0047E

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description

File

Title

Trinity Lutheran Church

Date(s)

Extent

Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, a congregational statistical record, a letter from the church to Dr. H. L. Foss, letters of call, a letter to the church from Harvey J. Neufeld (Executive Director of The Collegium and Church Relations), and a dedication service program from 1990.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information

Accruals

Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

This congregation had its beginnings in 1945 when three families went to the Northwest District of the American Lutheran Church for assistance in organizing a congregation in Polk County. A year later the congregation was dedicating their new church – a former Army chapel moved from Camp Adair. That building, augmented by classrooms on two floors and extensively remodeled, continues to be the house of worship for the congregation.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places