United Lutheran Church

0118E Digitized Records

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



United Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a note regarding a meeting with E. Sakrison in 1975, a congregational historical record, a 50th anniversary booklet, a written history of the church, a flyer for a 22 day Heritage tour, a church relations visit summary, a 75th anniversary bulletin, newspaper clipping, vitae for Thomas. H Dodd, and an installation bulletin of Thomas H. Dodd 1995.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

The United Lutheran Church of Eugene was organized on October 6, 1926 with 48 charter members. Pastoral care was requested of the Pacific Synod (ULCA), resulting in the call of Frank S. Beistel as the first pastor. A remodeled fraternity house became the house-chapel, providing worship and education facilities as well as a parsonage. On February 26, 1950 the cornerstone was laid for the new church. The growing congregation and enlarging ministry had created the need for additional properties and expansion of all facilities. In 1985 extensive remodeling was completed and additional parking provided.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places