Zion Lutheran Church

Identity elements

Reference code

Level of description



Zion Lutheran Church



Content and structure elements

Scope and content

This folder contains a congregational historical record, letters of call, an informational pamphlet from the church, a congregational statistical record, various letters, and installation service program for Timothy J.Carraher.

System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use elements

Conditions governing access

Physical access

Technical access

Conditions governing reproduction

Languages of the material

Scripts of the material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Acquisition and appraisal elements

Custodial history

Immediate source of acquisition

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information


Related materials elements

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related archival materials

Related descriptions

Notes element

General note

This congregation had its beginnings in March of 1952, when a small group met for the first time in the Grange Hall. The community was growing rapidly due to the establishment of a large lumber mill which attracted some 300 workers to the community. In January of 1955 this group of Lutherans organized as a congregation of the ALC. A chapel/parsonage was built in 1956, and most of the construction was done by members of the congregation. The first full-time pastor came in 1955. Prior to that, Rev. Norman L. Orth of nearby Coquille had served part-time.

Specialized notes

Alternative identifier(s)

Description control element

Rules or conventions

Sources used

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places